“To set standards of professional excellence and integrity for the securities and investment industry, providing qualifications and promoting the highest level of competence to our members, other individuals and firms.”
Formerly the Securities & Investment Institute (SII) and originally founded by members of the London Stock exchange in 1992, the Institute is the leading examining, membership and awarding body for the securities and investment industry. It was awarded a royal charter in October 2009, becoming the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI).
The CISI currently has around 40,000 members, who benefit from a programme of professional and social events, with continuing professional development (CPD) and the promotion of integrity very much at the heart of everything the organisation does.
With ever-increasing regulatory focus on both individuals’ and firms’ commitment to competence and compliance, the Institute assists companies as well as practitioners to demonstrate their commitment to CPD and professionalism.
The core values of the Institute are to:
- set standards of integrity and competence for those working in the financial services industry. Ultimately, these standards are for the benefit of investors;
- be the centre of excellence for the design, maintenance and delivery of qualifications, both in the UK and abroad;
- provide members’ forums to highlight, share and influence changes in the financial services industry;
- recognise and promote actively the importance of continuing professional development;
- offer appropriate qualifications of the highest calibre, relevance and quality.
The Institute is approved as an awarding body by Ofqual, the UK regulator in education. Its qualifications feature prominently on the Financial Services Skills Council (FSSC) lists of appropriate and recommended exams.
It provides a range of relevant qualifications which attract over 42,000 exam entries each year, delivered in more than 50 countries. The Institute continues to develop its qualifications to meet the demands of the changing financial services industry.
The CISI is committed to assisting individuals to attain and maintain competence and to promoting trust and integrity.