ThinkTank Maths is an Edinburgh-based specialist mathematics group with a unique approach to reformulating and solving individual, hard problems in financial services, as well as engineering-based domains such as defence, aerospace and energy.
We produce ground-breaking results in partnership with the industry domain experts, software, risk analytics or engineering teams of our customers.
Reducing risks to the financial system as a whole has emerged as a public policy priority. TTM is working with the FS sector to develop novel mathematical techniques to profile customers, and so enhance credit risk prediction by extracting qualitative and contextual indicators from diverse client datasets.
TTM typically has a strategic and transformational impact on our clients' business models and technologies:
- Reduced a leading UK retail bank's operational costs for their UK-wide ATM estate by 21%.
- Working with ESA engineers and physicists to predict rocket plume behaviour of the Vega satellite launcher.
- Reduced an animal breeding problem from an intractable calculation (millions of years) to 2 hours on a desk-top computer.
- Created in partnership with UK MoD and BAE Systems a paradigm-shifting mathematical architecture for autonomous systems and intelligent command and control decision aids.
- Working for the UK MoD on Quantum game theory techniques for *future* multi-agent systems.