Central Exchange, 20 Waterloo Street, Glasgow, G2 6DB
Ashurst is a leading international law firm advising corporates, financial institutions and governments. Our core businesses are in corporate, finance, dispute resolution, and the development and financing of assets in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors. We have 28 offices in 16 countries, with over 420 partners and 1,700 lawyers in total, offering the international insight of a global network combined with local market knowledge.
Ashurst launched the Glasgow office in August 2013 to create a centre of excellence to drive change within the firm globally. There are two main elements to the Glasgow office – a new legal sourcing model and seven global business support functions.
New legal sourcing model
Our new legal sourcing model is focused on a core team of legal analysts – high-calibre law graduates who are involved in working on discrete parts of major client projects, transactions and cases being undertaken by our offices around the world. We work as one integrated team to deliver excellent client service in an efficient and cost effective manner.
The legal team in Glasgow have the strength and depth of experience to provide top quality support across a diverse range of work, and the scope of our services expands regularly. Our services currently include due diligence support, litigation support and project co-ordination and administration.
The legal analyst team was awarded the title of 'Next Generation Innovation' at the Legal Week Innovation Awards 2015.
Business support functions
The business support services supplied by Ashurst Glasgow cover many different activities across the following functions:
- Finance (billing, accounts payable, credit control, accounting & reporting, financial systems, procurement)
- IT (service desk, networks and operations, software development and testing)
- HR (recruitment, new joiners, employee administration, payroll, HR information systems, global mobility)
- Risk & Compliance (AML, risk assessment for new clients and new matters)
- Business Development (global legal directories, editorial and design)
- Expertise (legal knowledge systems)
- Business Services (call services and office services)
Mike Polson, Managing Partner, Glasgow
0141 375 4202
Iain Brown, Senior Legal Manager
Claire Martin, HR and Operations Manager, Glasgow
Shaun Andrews, Legal Directories Manager, Glasgow