Representing members is our priority and our on-going engagement with the UK and Scottish Governments continues to be constructive.
Our Chief Executive Graeme Jones, Chairman Philip Grant and SFE Board Directors continue to speak to government about how Scottish financial services are responding to COVID-19 and what we are doing to support customers and businesses.
SFE’s ongoing coronavirus engagement with the UK and Scottish Government:
- Philip Grant is leading on discussions relating to banking and key workers. He is Chairing a regular call with our banking members and Economy Secretary, Fiona Hyslop, to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on businesses.
- Graeme Jones is representing SFE on the x2 weekly calls with Scottish Government and business groups. The UK Government in Scotland is also on this call.
- Graeme Jones is speaking with officials at the UK Government in Scotland on a weekly basis.
- Philip Grant sent a letter to all MSPs and Scottish MPs outling what our members are doing to support customers, colleagues and communities during the COVID-19 crisis. You can read the letter here.
- Philip Grant sent a letter to all MSPs, Scottish MPs, government officials and business trade bodies to provide a list of contacts at each of our banking members to enable queries or concerns to be raised directly with the bank. You can read the letter here.
- The SFE Board responded to a letter from the Scottish Enterprise Chairman, Lord Smith of Kelvin, seeking the industry’s views on behalf of the Advisory Group on Economic Recovery. You can read our response here.
The SFE Public Affairs and Communications Forum has been supporting the development of key messages for government engagement.
SFE is also working closely with financial services trade bodies, including UK Finance and the ABI, to ensure our messaging is aligned.
If you have anything specific you would like raised with government, please contact our Head of Communications Bronwyn Torrie, firstname.lastname@example.org.