Representing members is our priority and our engagement with the UK and Scottish Governments continues to be constructive.
Our Chief Executive Sandy Begbie CBE, Chairman Philip Grant and SFE Board Directors continue to speak to government about how Scottish financial services are responding to the Covid-19 pandemic and what the industry is doing to support customers, colleagues and commnunities.
SFE’s government engagement during the pandemic:
- Cross-party engagement and with government officials continues alongside regular discussions with Scottish and UK Government Ministers.
- Philip Grant joined the Enterprise & Skills Strategic Board sub-group, led by Nora Senior.
- Malcolm Buchanan joined the Scottish Tourism Recovery Taskforce, led by Tourism Secretary Fergus Ewing and Business Minister Jamie Hepburn.
- Letter to all MSPs and Scottish MPs outlining our members' support for customers, colleagues and communities during the pandemic (read here).
- Letter to all MSPs, Scottish MPs, government officials and business trade bodies providing a list of contacts at each of our banking member firms (read here).
- Letter to the Advisory Group on Economic Recovery (read here).
Letter to all MSPs and Scottish MPs reaffirming our commitment to contributing to the economic recovery and outlining our support for customers, colleagues and communities during the pandemic (read here).
SFE is also working closely with financial services trade bodies, including UK Finance, TheCityUk, the ABI and the IA.