AI: A Threat or a Liberator?
University of Edinburgh Event
Date: Wednesday 19 June 2019
Venue: University of Edinburgh Business school, 29 Buccleuch Place EH8 9JS
Will the rapid development of technology complement what we do in the financial services industry, or replace us?
This is a joint event with Dentons in conjunction with the Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation (CSFI).
Some will see the rapid development of technology that can match the human brain as a threat, others will welcome it. Neither camp really knows to what extent, and when, breakthroughs in machine learning will become firmly embedded in the financial services industry. The fundamental question is: will these programs complement what we do, or replace us?
Please join us for a panel discussion led by Andrew Hilton, director and joint founder of the CSFI. Dr Hilton is a former World Bank economist and editor-in-chief of the International Reports group in New York.
- Andrew Hilton (panel chair); Director and joint founder; The Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation (CSFI)
- Emanuela Vartolomei; Founder and CEO; All Street
- Søren Mortensen; Director of Global Financial Markets; IBM
- Professor Birgitte Andersen; CEO and Co-Creator; The Big Innovation Centre
- Dr Taylor Spears; Chancellor’s Fellow; University of Edinburgh Business School