Career Returners (event organised by the CFA UK Diversity Network Scotland)
Date: Thursday 04 April 19
Time: Registration: 17:00 Event: 17:15 - 19:30
Location: Baillie Gifford, Calton Square, 1 Greenside Row, Edinburgh EH1 3AN
With increased competition for experienced workers, modern employers are changing how they engage with returning talent. There is a growing appreciation that experiences away from the workplace are valuable and enriching. Gaps on a resume - whether due to childcare, military service, pursuit of personal interests, health issues, or geographic relocations - no longer indicate high risk but often speak to an opportunity. In addition to the skills acquired in their earlier careers, returners may bring a different perspective, resilience and a breadth of life experiences which can be transferred to new areas.
Our keynote speaker, Dominie Moss, Founder of The Return Hub, will share her extensive experience in corporate recruitment in the finance industry. She will present findings from a recent report, and practical recommendations for both individuals who experienced a career break and for firms wishing to support returning talent.
Dominie will be joined by a panel of industry practitioners with a background ranging from HR to military service. They will explore:
- The barriers faced when returning to work after a break
- Common misconceptions about returners
- The opportunities they bring in creating a more productive, diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Dominie Moss, Founder, The Return Hub
- Hazel Little, Coaching and Programme Manager, Women Returners Scotland
- Alice Girardot, EMEA Head of Executive Recruitment, BlackRock
- James Bryden, Chief Operating Officer, Internal Audit, Standard Life Aberdeen
Moderator: Lucie Weigel, BlackRock
The panel discussion will conclude at about 18:45 and be followed by networking drinks.
Please note if you require special assistance or have specific access requirements, please contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register to attend, please click here.