SFE & Refinitiv Webinar | A London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) perspective
Date: Friday 26th November
Time: 2pm - 3pm
A London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) perspective: Data challenges & opportunities with EU Taxonomy and Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR).
On October 22nd, 2021, ESMA (European Securities and Markets Authority) released the final draft of the RTS (Regulatory Technical Standards). As market participants grapple with the regulatory pressure of sustainable finance reporting, this webinar seeks to provide an alternate perspective. Gaps in corporate disclosures, inconsistent reporting standards as well as a resource & knowledge shortage among SME companies, mean it’s both a challenge and an opportunity for data & analytics providers to help bridge the gaps and drive standards. With both mandatory and voluntary reporting guidelines and frameworks coming to the fore, we focus on data challenges in relation to SFDR and EU Taxonomy and what investors are asking for in this fast-evolving space:
- Data to cover SFDR PAIs (Principal Adverse Impacts), and how to deal with the difference between reported metrics and estimates (RTS update)
- Are there any contradictions between UK and EU sustainable finance regulatory requirements? Are companies voluntarily aligning with both?
- What plans are there to adapt or expand to meet the regulatory need?
- Asset Class Challenges, how to deal with equities, corporate bonds, sovereigns and derivatives
- EU Taxonomy
- With the regulatory environment constantly evolving, what’s the vision for product development?
- For which materials / assets / companies / funds do you provide data on whether they are in scope of the EU taxonomy?
- What processes have been established to ensure and control the quality of Taxonomy output?
- How is the assessment of issuers’ compliance with the guidelines and conventions cited within the EU Taxonomy conducted?
- Grant Ashby is Sustainable Finance & Investment Proposition Specialist at LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group), based in London. Grant leads LSEG ESG data & analytics strategic partnerships with fintechs, consultants and advisory firms across EMEA. Grant has a keen interest in environmental, climate and social issues and is CFA ESG qualified. Prior to LSEG, Grant was head of ESG business development for UK&I Banks, Insurance and Corporates at S&P Global, and held various other roles managing engagements with global financial institutions in both New York and London.
- Alex Nardiello is a client-facing technical financial Solutions Consultant, working in ESG and sustainable finance at LSEG. As a passionate problem solver he has a strong interest in risk, quant workflows and dynamic regulatory governance in the ESG space. Prior to joining LSEG, Alex worked as a Senior Consultant at FactSet addressing client ESG challenges on both buy and sell side. He has a particular interest in research management systems and investment performance measurement methods.
All SFE members are welcome to attend. Please share this invite with colleagues who may be interested.
Joining details will be sent in advance of the webinar. Register using the link below.