Workshop for fintech companies new to trading internationally
SCOTTISH ENTERPRISE EVENT
Date: Tuesday 4th December 2018
Time: 09:30 - 17:00
Venue: Apex House, 99 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HD
Sign up for Scottish Development International’s Export Workshop to learn the essentials of international trade and help you to produce a robust export plan to drive your company’s growth in 2019 and beyond.
Over the course of the day we’ll cover topics to ensure you’re well-prepared to exploit new market opportunities and compete on the international stage. We will also have speakers from Scottish Development International’s office in Germany, and The Department of International Trade, The Netherlands to share opportunities in their respective markets.
What’s in it for me?
• Help and resource to develop your own online international action plan to implement into your business
• A step-by-step guide to develop insights into key topics:
o Market analysis
o Market entry
• How to sell online internationally
• An insight into opportunities in Germany and The Netherlands
• One-to-one support from our experts on key areas including trading internationally and digital marketing
• Plus, it’s the ideal setting to network with other like-minded Scottish businesses
What will I learn?
• How to effectively research and exploit international opportunities
• What market entry options are right for your business
• How to sell online internationally, maximising the opportunity and selecting the right model for your international web
• How to engage with SDI and DIT overseas offices and what the opportunities are in Germany and The Netherlands
• Next steps for your business
Who’s it for?
If you’re a Fintech company (or a tech company with Financial Services customers) based in Scotland and you’re interested in growing internationally, then Export Workshop is a good place to get started. It’s fully funded and open to all businesses, except for intermediaries or suppliers of international trade services.
How do I book?
Places are limited so sign up quickly to secure your place.
Who’s been through Export Bootcamp?
“It has been really worthwhile. I now have a template approach and some areas for further investigating”
“I learnt a great deal from what was relevant to our business. I also learnt about available resources that can help to improve my business."
Scottish Enterprise’s Export Bootcamp is fully funded for Scottish companies and is part-funded through the European Structural and Investment Funds − investing in a smart, sustainable and inclusive future. You should note that this support is a form of state aid, on attendance it will count towards your overall De Minimis allowance.