Help shape the next generation of apprenticeships
Scotland’s national skills body, Skills Development Scotland, is seeking to develop new apprenticeships and would like input from employers.
The three new apprenticeships cover Digital Technology (Cyber Security, Data Analysis and Software Development), Procurement and Supply, and Project Management and Business Process/Business Improvement.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers to shape the next generation of apprenticeships and to ensure the new apprenticeships deliver the skills needed by industry.
SFE members are invited to participate in employee workshops and contribute to the Technical Expert Groups. This work will begin early November and conclude in March.
The new apprenticeships are as follows:
1. A new Digital Technology Technical Apprenticeship at SCQF L8, with pathways in Cyber Security, Data Analysis and Software Development.
2. A new Modern Apprenticeship in Procurement and Supply at SCQF L6/7.
Modern Apprenticeships can develop your workforce, delivering the skills employers need now and in the future. They also provide:
- Progression for young people with qualifications such as Foundation Apprenticeships or Highers.
- A work-based learning pathway to more advanced Graduate Apprenticeships at degree level (SCQF levels 10 and 11)
3. A new Graduate Apprenticeship at SCQF L10 with pathways in Project Management and Business Process/Business Improvement.
If you’d like to be involved or discuss this opportunity further, please email email@example.com noting which of these developments is of particular interest.