RSE Young Academy of Scotland Recruiting New Members
The RSE Young Academy of Scotland (YAS) is recruiting for new members very soon. YAS is especially keen to attract applicants from the professions and would like to bring this opportunity to the attention of members of Scottish Financial Enterprise. Applicants will be early to mid-career professionals (mid 20s to early 40s) who have demonstrated a high level of excellence in their work along with a breadth of engagement beyond their workplace to benefit not only their profession but also society in general.
With a shared mission to achieve transformative societal change through citizenship, innovation, collaboration, evidence and leadership, members of YAS engage in interdisciplinary projects to address the most challenging issues facing Scotland and beyond. YAS opens the door for young leaders from a wide range of disciplines and experiences to work collaboratively on activities such as: sharing expertise to inform the public (the Research the Headlines project); supporting the school curriculum (First LEGO League competition; Rewrite the Headlines; Numeracy Counts videos); informing public policy through responses to various bodies.
In addition to contributing to the public good, one of the YAS’s key objectives is to support the professional development of its members. It achieves this by offering members the following benefits:
• increasing their networks beyond their main area of work;
• inviting them to workshops, networking events, and plenaries which are often attended by key decision-makers;
• providing opportunities to work globally through collaborations with other national Young Academies worldwide;
• offering access to channels to influence policy;
• enhancing personal development in terms of social responsibility;
• providing access to a mentorship programme which links YAS members with Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
Applications will be open from 28 March until 29 April.
If you have any questions, or if you require more information about YAS, please do contact Marie Montondo (firstname.lastname@example.org; tel 0131 240 5027) in the Young Academy office.